Thursday, September 25, 2008

House Guest. . .

So I borrowed a 100mm macro lens from a friend and tried to take lots of lovely closeup pictures of bugs and things. I even found the cutest little white and orange caterpillar. Here is what I have decided. That macro is very sensitive. I had a heck of a time getting a good picture. The depth of field is shallow and the focus manual and my fuzzy friend never quite turned out how I thought he would. This is the best of the lot:



But then I gave the lens back and went back to shooting with my stock lens until I figure out which lens I want first. A couple days later I noticed this little guy on some daisies my four year old picked for me from my yard:





I pulled out my camera with the 18-55 mm lens that came on it and snapped away. I also spotted this guy in my yard and captured him too.



I am sure there is some learning curve to the 100mm macro. Perhaps I'm just not skilled enough to wield it with great success, but I think I will get a telephoto lens first and leave the macro for another day.