Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Idyllic Idaho


There is something about going home that always makes you revert a little to the state of your childhood.  For me that means country living and simple pleasures.

The country is full of things that capture the emotions of a way of life I dream of for my girls.



And they make great pictures too.


My sister's barn makes me want to go hunting barn cats and sit in a hay loft on a sunny day watching a mother and her kittens. . .



and the older the barn the more homey it feels.



The countryside spread out behind it makes life seem simpler. . . even though I know farming is a lot a work, it is an honest lifestyle that connects you to the earth in a way that I love.



It brings you outside and invites you to smell the lilacs,



or pick a daisy.



Where a walk in the countryside, or a hard day's work, is done with a loyal and constant companion.



It's the kind of place where children's laughter fills the yard,



where my niece can be heard whispering, "I love you so bad!"  in a kitten's ear. . .



as she cuddles it up next to her face,



and laughs with pure joy when it purs for her.



Where wishes can be made on dandelion fluff. . .



and sisters love each other every day.



I love going home.

No comments: