Wednesday, March 17, 2010

PINK


When I was fifteen I swore off pink. . . for ten years.  I had a creepy science teacher who used to rub my shoulder and tell me how good I looked in pink.  So. I. never. wore. it. again. . . for ten years.


During those ten years I had a baby girl.  She got a blue and red bedroom.


She wore green and orange and other colors that weren't pink.


We endured being told how adorable our little boy was--despite the mop of curlycue hair with bows (usually white) and adorable oh-so-girly face.


Then I had another girl.  With a four year old girl who LOVED pink and a new baby girl (whose room I decorated in white and yellow and springy green!) I was fighting a loosing battle.  And I didn't really have the heart to hate pink like I used to.


So I figured. . . If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

There is just something about pink.

No comments: